Tennessee Transgender Political Coalition releases first quarter report for 07
- Lobbied members of the Tennessee General Assembly during the current session.
- Worked to pass legislation to permit post operative transsexuals to change their birth certificates, and against legislation that would discriminate against GLBT persons, including legislation designed to shut down Gay-Straight Alliances in Tennessee's public schools.
- Lobbied members of Congress from Tennessee for Transgender inclusion in federal legislation including Hate Crimes legislation and the Employment Non-Discrimination Act.
- Appeared on Queer Talk Radio on WRVU (91.1) in Nashville on January 6.
- Participated in the Transgender American Veterans' Association Regional meeting in Knoxville on February 10.
- Supported V-Day/Vagina Monologues at Vanderbilt University in Nashville on February 11.
- Participated in Tennessee Equality Project's 3rd Annual Advancing Equality Day on the Hill, on February 20.
- Participated in the Women's Studies Conference at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro on February 22.
- Co-sponsor of Oscar Party in Nashville with Human Rights Campaign of Nashville and Tennessee Equality Project, on February 25.
- Appeared on TransFM Internet Radio Show on February 27.
- Participated in the Nashville GLBT summit organized by the Human Rights Campaign on March 31.
- TTPC President received Equality Award at the Human Rights Campaign's Equality Dinner in Nashville on March 31.
Upcoming for second quarter of 07:
- Will participate in International Foundation for Gender Education Conference in Philadelphia, April 12 to 14.
- Will participate in the Day of Silence ceremony sponsored by the Gay Straight Alliance of Austin Peay State University in Clarksville on April 18.
- Will speak to Vanderbilt University Divinity School in Nashville on April 20.
- Will appear on Queer Talk Radio on WRVU (91.1) in Nashville on April 28.
- Will participate in Pride celebrations across the state.
The Tennessee Transgender Political Coalition (TTPC) is an organization designed to educate and advocate on behalf of transgender related legislation at the Federal, State and local levels. TTPC is dedicated to raising public awareness and building alliances with other organizations concerned with equal rights legislation.