PLAY Dance Bar hosts 'A WICKED Halloween'
The National Touring Company of WICKED will star in “A WICKED Halloween," an evening of cabaret performances, at PLAY Dance Bar Sunday, Oct. 23. The net proceeds of this event will benefit Nashville CARES & Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
Produced by company members, the evening is an opportunity for them to step out of their roles in the musical in music, dance and comedy. It will feature company members as well as members of the ensemble and the touring staff. This will be the only such event presented by the National Touring Company during the current run of WICKED.
WICKED will be playing at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center Oct. 19-Nov. 6. While all ages will be admitted to WICKED at TPAC, "A WICKED Halloween" is intended for mature audiences and is an 18 and over event.
Tickets for the special cabaret performance of “A Wicked Halloween” will be available at PLAY Dance Bar. Doors will be open at 9 p.m. Admission is $15.00.
In addition, there will be an auction of items including Wicked memorabilia (silent auction starts at 9:30 pm). Some of the silent auction items may include:
- · PROP BASKET - item(s) from the actual show with memorabilia from the actor/actress in that role.
- · MERCH BASKET - items from the Ozdust boutiques
- · GREENIFYING VISIT TO WICKED - a personal backstage tour before a show, 2 tickets to that performance, and an 'audience' with the green witch in her dressing room as she does the make-up for the show. Also would include photo session of winners with Elphaba before the performance.
- · SIGNED GRIMMERY and AUTOGRAPHED STAR PRESS PHOTOS
- · BREAKFAST WITH THE BOYS - A breakfast with the male dancers from the benefit. This item could be a live auction instead of silent.
All auction items are tentative and not guaranteed at the event. Other items may be available as well.
Performance tickets for the actual musical, WICKED, are on sale at the Tennessee Performance Arts Center box office, by phone at 888-583-6038, or online at tpac.org.
Nashville CARES promotes and participates in a comprehensive and compassionate response to HIV/AIDS in Middle Tennessee. Their purpose is to educate the community for increased understanding and prevention of HIV transmission, to advocate for responsible public policy, and to provide services that improve the quality of life for people with HIV AIDS and their families.